Acclaimed director of indie horror hit Jug Face (aka The Pit), Chad Crawford Kinkle, returns with Dementer, a psychological horror thriller branded as “an unexpected gem” (Pophorror.com) and “an impressionistic, poetic occult-horror film” (Nashville Scene).
Fleeing from a cult that has left her scarred both physically and mentally, Katie (Katie Groshong, Jug Face, A Measure of the Sin) is keen to get her life together. On her path to recovery, she takes a job in a care centre supporting adults with special needs, among them Stephanie (Stephanie Kinkle), a woman with Down syndrome. Convinced that the “devils” are coming for Stephanie, and tormented by flashbacks of her experience within the cult and with their leader Larry (Larry Fessenden, The Dead Don’t Die, Habit), Katie takes increasingly extreme measures to ward off the evil that is making Stephanie sick. But what if her rituals are doing more harm than good?
Raw and unsettling, Dementer is a brave and unflinching story of lives lived on the fringes of society, and a battle with demons inside and out. Shot on real locations with many non-actors playing versions of themselves – including Kinkle’s real life sister Stephanie – this is a deeply personal genre film with an emotional punch that lingers long after the credits have rolled.
Both films feature on the upcomng Arrow Video Blu-Ray, tipped to be released on 4th October 2021.
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
• High-Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original DTS 5.1 MA and Stereo 2.1 audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Includes Chad Crawford Kinkle’s debut feature Jug Face on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK
• Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork by Coffee & Cigarettes
• Fully illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Chris Hallock
DISC ONE – DEMENTER
• Director’s Commentary, a brand new audio commentary with writer-director Chad Crawford Kinkle
• Cast & Crew Commentary, a brand new audio commentary with lead actress Katie Groshong, cinematographer Jeff Wedding and writer-director Chad Crawford Kinkle
• Critic Commentary, a brand new audio commentary with film critic Chris Hallock and writer-director Chad Crawford Kinkle in conversation
• The Making of Dementer, a brand new in-depth look behind the scenes of how and why the film was made, featuring interviews with writer-director Chad Crawford Kinkle, star Katie Groshong, and cinematographer Jeff Wedding
• In the Words of Larry, actor Larry Fessenden discusses his role in the film and why he was so eager to take it
• Outsider Art and Dementer, a brand new featurette with Chad Crawford Kinkle and fellow filmmakers Lucky McKee (May, The Woman) and Larry Fessenden (Habit, The Wendigo) in conversation as they explore the art of independent genre filmmaking
• Short Films, a collection of early short films by director Chad Crawford Kinkle with optional commentary showing his development from high school through college and into professional feature film making
• Still gallery
DISC TWO – JUG FACE aka THE PIT (LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE)
• Staring into the Pit, writer-director Chad Crawford Kinkle in discussion with critic Jon Towlson
• Back into the Woods, lead actor Lauren Ashley Carter in conversation with Celluloid Screams founder Robert Nevitt
• A Face Jug tour, writer-director Chad Crawford Kinkle invites you into his home to check out his enviable face collection