Visionary director Brandon Cronenberg’s ‘terrifying sci-fi horror freak-out’ (The Guardian) Possessor garnered international acclaim on its 2020 release from critics and audiences alike and now, masters in the field, Second Sight Films work their magic with a brand-new Limited Dual Edition 4K UHD/Blu -ray Box set due for release alongside Standard Edition releases on 4K UHD and Blu-ray, on 18th March 2024.
The must-own Limited Edition is presented in a stunning rigid slipcase, featuring new artwork by Marko Manev, along with a 120-page book featuring extensive behind-the-scenes gallery, script-to-screen comparisons and new essays. The UHD and Blu-ray discs both include the main feature and bonus features and the UHD is presented in Dolby Vision HDR approved by the director himself and cinematographer Karim Hussain. There’s special features galore, including a commentary, new interviews with Brandon Cronenberg, Karim Hussain and Rob Cotterill, plus an FX show and tell with Dan Martin and loads more, please see full list on attached.
On the surface Tasya Vos (Andrea Riseborough – Mandy, Nocturnal Animals, Birdman) appears to be a regular woman with a son and husband waiting for her at home when she returns from her ‘business’ trips. But there’s more to her than meets the eye… As an elite corporate assassin, Tasya takes control of other people’s bodies using brain implant technology to execute high-profile targets. With each hit comes a stronger lust for blood, and her newfound thirst for killing throws the whole operation into jeopardy.
Described as ‘One of the best and smartest films of the decade’ by New Scientist and with a spellbinding turn from Riseborough, alongside stand-out performances from co-stars Christopher Abbott, Sean Bean, Jennifer Jason Lee and Tuppence Middleton, prepare for an ultra-violent, mind-blowing experience, like nothing you’ve seen before.
You’re guaranteed to be possessed by Possessor – so make sure you get your hands on this ultimate release.
• Dual format edition including both UHD and Blu-ray with main feature and bonus features on both discs
• UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR approved by director Brandon Cronenberg and cinematographer Karim
• New audio commentary with Brandon Cronenberg, producer Rob Cotterill, Karim Hussain and Special Effects
Artist Dan Martin
• This Unfamiliar Life: a new interview with Brandon Cronenberg
• Inside the Machine: a new interview with Karim Hussain
• Feel the Real: a new interview with Rob Cotterill
• Disassociating from Mind and Body: Zoë Rose Smith on Possessor
• Camera Test Footage
• FX Show and Tell with Dan Martin
• Archive featurette: A Heightened World – A Look at Possessor
• Archive featurette: Identity Crisis – Bringing Possessor to Life
• Archive featurette: The Joy of Practical – The Effects of Possessor
• Deleted Scenes
• Short Film: Please Speak Continuously and Describe Your Experiences as They Come to You
Limited Edition Contents
• Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Marko Manev
• 120-page book featuring extensive behind the scenes gallery, script-to-screen comparisons, new essays by
Stacey Abbott, Anton Bitel, Jon Towlson and Heather Wixson
• Six collectors’ art cards