Eureka Entertainment to release KES, Ken Loach’s quintessential portrait of working-class Northern England and his most beloved and influential film, as part of the Masters of Cinema Series in a definitive Blu-ray special edition on 7th November 2016.
One of the most beloved and iconic British films of all time (voted in the top 10 of all time by the British Film Institute), Ken Loach’s breakthrough cinematic feature Kes is a cornerstone of naturalistic filmmaking whose influence is felt up to the present day.
Portraying with remarkable detail and empathy the day-to-day existence of a working-class 15-year-old boy in Barnsley (an unforgettable performance by David Bradley), and the profound change that the rearing of a kestrel brings to his otherwise troubled home life, Kes has enchanted generations of viewers since its release.
A rich, gently poetic work, filled with Loach’s trademark respect for his characters and astonishing skill at eliciting performances, The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present the film in a definitive Blu-ray special edition.
SPECIAL FEATURES including:
- Beautiful high-definition restoration, supervised by Ken Loach and director of photography Chris Menges
- Uncompressed PCM audio
- Original British soundtrack and international, partially dubbed soundtrack
- Original theatrical trailer
- New and archival interviews with cast and crew
- A booklet featuring new writing on the film and archival material