Following the commercial and critical success of The Fisher King, Terry Gilliam next feature would turn to science fiction and a screenplay by Janet and David Peoples (Blade Runner, Unforgiven) inspired by Chris Marker’s classic short film La Jetée – 12 Monkeys.
In 1996, a deadly virus is unleashed by a group calling themselves the Army of the Twelve Monkeys, destroying much of the world’s population and forcing survivors underground. In 2035, prisoner James Cole (Bruce Willis, Die Hard) is chosen to go back in time and help scientists in their search for a cure.
Featuring an Oscar-nominated turn by Brad Pitt (Fight Club) as mental patient Jeffrey Goines, Twelve Monkeys would become Gilliam’s most successful film and is now widely regarded as a sci-fi classic. Arrow Films are proud to present the film in a stunning new restoration.
Arrow Video will release 12 Monkeys on Blu-Ray on 15th October 2018.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative by Arrow Films, approved by director Terry Gilliam
- DTS 5.1 Master Audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Audio commentary by Terry Gilliam and producer Charles Roven
- The Hamster Factor and Other Tales of Twelve Monkeys, feature-length making-of documentary by Keith Fulton and Louis Pepe (Lost in La Mancha)
- Extensive image gallery
- Theatrical trailer
- More to be announced!
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
- First pressing only: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Nathan Rabin and archive materials