Get ready to tuck into a meaty treat with Raw, the deliciously dark tale of a strict vegetarian who discovers a taste for human flesh after heading to a brutal veterinary college where initiation ceremonies are the norm. Second Sight has cooked up a special Limited Edition Blu-ray of this horror hit due to be dished up on 19th April 2021.
Julia Ducournau’s shocking feature film debut was acclaimed by critics after a barnstorming debut at Toronto International Film Festival, where paramedics had to be called after audience members fainted at the film’s premiere. Now, after wowing audiences on its initial release, Second Sight has pulled the Raw ingredients together for a lip-smacking Limited Edition release packed full of extras and served up in a sumptuous rigid slipcase with a booklet containing essays and interviews and three collector’s art cards.
Shy student Justine (Garance Marillier, due to make her English language debut in sci-fi thriller Warning alongside Alice Eve), heads to a veterinary school and is subjected a tough series of hazing rituals from fellow students. And it’s even tougher for vegetarian Justine as she is covered in blood and forced to eat raw meat. But after tasting the flesh, Justine finds herself craving even more meat – and it doesn’t matter if it’s animal or human as her uncontrollable desires lead to a horrific outcome.
Second Sight has produced a sumptuous buffet for your delectation, with new features on the menu including interviews with star Garance Marilier and producer Jean des Forets, a new commentary from critic Alexandra West, as well as interviews and commentaries from Julia Ducournau and plenty more, this is a dish that tastes as good as it looks.
Sink your teeth into Raw, a delectable, meaty treat.
• The Girl Can’t Help It: a new interview with Actor Garance Marillier
• Making Ends Meat: a new interview with Producer Jean des Forets
• New audio commentary by film critic Alexandra West
• Audio Commentary with Julia Ducournau and film critic Emma Westwood
• In the Name of Raw: an interview with Director Julia Ducournau
• A Family Affair: a new video essay by film critic Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
• Raw À Votre Goût –featurette with Julia Ducournau & film critic Emma Westwood
• Quick Bites with Julia Ducournau and film critic Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
• Genre Matters Panel Discussion
• Australian Premiere Introduction
• Australian Premiere Q&A with Julia Ducournau and Kier-La Janisse
• Alternative opening, deleted scenes, trailers
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
• Rigid slipcase
• Perfect-bound booklet with new essays by Hannah Woodhead and Emma Westwood plus interview with Julia Ducournau by Lou Thomas
• Three collectors’ art cards