Showrunners: The Art of Running a TV Show by Tara Bennett is the official companion to writer/director Des Doyle’s documentary film Showrunners (released into theaters and VOD in the U.S. Oct 31, 2014) – the first ever feature-length documentary to explore the struggles and successes of American TV’s showrunners. Working closely with director Doyle over the past year, author Tara Bennett’s official companion is the ultimate extended edition. Showrunners: The Art of Running a TV Show includes expanded versions of interviews featured in the film, plus exclusive conversations with dozens of TV’s most significant showrunners and creatives.
If you’re a fan of great television, a student keen to work in the industry, or someone with a desire to join the ranks of Joss Whedon and co.,
Showrunners: The Art of Running a TV Show gives you the ultimate insider’s guide to creating, writing, and running a scripted television series.
Along with the critical and commercial success stories, the people in charge also reveal the trials and tribulations of their roles with illuminating honesty.
The book contains exclusive interviews with 27 key showrunners, including:
- Joss Whedon (TV’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse, Marvel’s The Avengers and upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe films)
- Damon Lindelof (Lost, The Leftovers)
- Ronald D. Moore (Acclaimed new series Outlander, Battlestar Galactica, Carnivàle, Star Trek:The Next Generation)
- Jane Espenson (Caprica, Husbands + writer on Once Upon a Time, Game of Thrones, Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- Terence Winter (Boardwalk Empire + writer/producer on The Sopranos + writer of The Wolf of Wall Street)
- Kurt Sutter (Sons of Anarchy + writer/producer on The Shield)
- Janet Tamaro (Rizzoli & Isles + writer on CSI:NY, Lost, Bones)
- Bill Prady (The Big Bang Theory, Dharma & Greg, The Muppets)
Showrunners: The Art of Running a TV Show will be published on 5th September 2014 with an RRP of £12.99.